Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where there's a will, There's a way

Sitting in my lawn one evening, I saw something, which have now taken the form of the following words :

Where There's a will, There's a way

"I heard a rustling sound; which made me pounce,

My curiosity pushed me up,

To peep in the bushes through the gap.

A small baby bird lay there,

With its body motionless; wings wrapped.

I looked over the bush; it had fallen from its nest.

The parents when returned,

Not finding their baby; lost their rest.

They looked here and there; strained by the fact,

They called out for the baby; tried many a tact.

The baby could not speak, nor could it fly.

My heart ached; on seeing its plight.

Fluttering its wings; the baby tried to fly,

It fell time and again but got up again to try.

The father and the mother kept searching for their child,

Not knowing it was nearby; they continued their cries.

After falling many a times,

The baby finally flew out of the bush,

And answered with a cry.

The parents saw their child,

And flew to it with chirping noise.

The three united again,

Bonded by the love ties.

For quite a while, I watched them with a smile,

Until they flew away.

And pray, where there's a will, there's a way"

No comments: