Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Family Bond

When one of my younger cousins called me once for some guidance in his studies, I gladly agreed and promised to meet him up. I couldn't help but wonder why did I feel that love for my cousin even though we hadn't talked or met for over 3 years. It made me think how strong our blood relations are in spite of the fact that we treat most of them just like all other insignificant people in our lives. With some of my cousins I haven't shared my childhood and never tried to know about theirs, but that confusing connection with your Mom's or Dad's family just bonds you with some people unknowingly.

When I left my hometown after graduation to work in another city, it was a major turning point in my life. It made me feel so much more closer to my family despite being away from them. I realized how your parents and siblings are the only ones who actually care about you silently more than anyone else. I had never felt the importance of family so much before. I believe there comes a time in everyone's life when suddenly they realize what their Mom always naggingly said about family bonding is true. 

But it's funny though, that all I can think about right now is my whole extended family sitting in my living room with some fresh gossip about the people who are not present there. It's irritating sometimes, but yes, I miss everyone when I haven't seen them for very long.

P.S - I am surprised how I moved the whole topic from cousin to gossip 

No comments: